Defending Lipchitz’ work of was one of the reasons that led Jeanne Bucher to open her gallery in 1925. In 1930, she organized his first monographic exhibition “Galerie de la Renaissance”, within a vast Parisian space rented for the occasion, and presented, with the support of the Barnes Foundation, a selection of 100 sculptures (portraits, stone and bronze). Another significant milestone was the publication of 12 dessins pour Prométhée during World War II.

 

exhibitions at the gallery

Hommage à Jeanne Bucher – rétrospective 1925-1960
Inauguration of the gallery at 53, rue de Seine
May 6 to November 30, 1960

20 ans chez Jeanne Bucher
December 14, 1945 to January 12, 1946

One hundred sculptures
June 13 to 28, 1930

Contemporary painters and sculptors
Inauguration of the gallery at 5, rue du Cherche-Midi
March 22, 1929

Lipchitz-Picasso. Sculptures by Lipchitz
and paintings,drawings and gouaches by Picasso

March 15 to April 15, 1927

Inauguration exhibition at the Boutique Pierre Chareau
Etchings, drawings and watercolours by Gromaire, Lurçat, Pascin,
Marcoussis. Sculptures by Lipchitz

May 4 to June 4 juin 1925